NOVAS SMART DIGITAL LOCKS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Strictly no refunds will be entertained once the product is installed. If the product has not been installed, requests for a refund will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.An admin fee of SGD40 will be charged for approved refunds.
- In the event that your door is deemed unsuitable for installations by our technician, we will contact you and arrange for a refund for the invoiced amount.
- If an item was bought on sale, only the invoiced amount will be refunded.
- We only replace/repair items or parts if they are defective or damaged under the terms and conditions of warranty. If you require further assistance with your item, send us an email at
- The warranty period is for 2 years, and covers NV30B, NV30A, NV11B, NV11A, NV30D, NV11D, NV28D, NV01A,
NV01B, NV08GD, NV02G, NV03G purchased and installed in Singapore.
- The warranty for Digital Letterbox lock is 6 months from the date of purchase.
- The warranty for Smart Door Viewer NV06DV is 12 months from the date of purchase.
- The warranty period commencesfrom the date of installation, unless otherwise stated. During the warranty period, NOVAS will repair or replace the product specified in the original invoice due to defects or manufacturing faults subject to the terms and conditions stated as per below at no additional charge.
- The product under warranty shall include the product in its original design and specifications.
- Warranty is only eligible with the following documents (i) original invoice, (ii) proof of defect via video, (iii) proof of ownership. Warranty will not be claimable should any
of the above not be furnished.
- Service will only be available during our operating hours. Appointment for service is based on our schedule availability.
- If the product requires repair or replacement in part or in full, NOVAS reserves the right to replace or exchange the part or unit with an equivalent part or unit that is new or refurbished. NOVAS will retain the replaced or exchanged part or unit as our property, and the replacement or exchanged part or unit will become
the owner’s property. The replaced or exchanged part will continue to be under warranty for the rest of the unit’s remaining warranty period.
- NOVAS will provide an appropriate resolution according to our technician’s analysis and troubleshooting of the product issue, and reserves the right to make the
final decision on the resolution for any claims on warranty. Should the customer reject NOVAS’s resolution, NOVAS reserves the right to reject the warranty claim.
- NOVAS reserves the right to vary, modify, or change the terms and conditions herein due to change(s) in availability of services, products, and/or spare parts or for the
purposes of complying with applicable policies, rules, regulations and law, with or without notice.
This warranty does not cover all of the below:
- Any product that is not purchased from NOVAS.
- Any product that is installed outside of Singapore
- Any product not installed by NOVAS authorised installers
- Any consumables, non-functional parts, or accessories that are used in conjunction with the product.
- Any cosmetic damage in products including, but not limited to, scratches or dents that do not affect product functionality
- Any losses or damages arising from delays, loss of use, incorrect usage of product, etc
- Any issues with using the full features of the lock due to incompatible devices
- Any issues with using the full features of the lock due to modifications to the device, including, but not limited to, ‘rooting’ or ‘jailbreaking’ your device or installing
certain applications to your phone that significantly alters your device’s functionality
- Any issues due to installation service provided by 3rd party installers
- NOVAS reserves the right to decline service to an obsolete model, or a product deemed unserviceable or replaceable for any reason.
- Damage, fault, or failure due to alteration or repairs made by anyone other than our authorised installer, or the use of supplies and accessories other than those
provided by NOVAS
- Damage, fault, or failure due to causes beyond our control, including, but not limited to: repairs necessary due to operator negligence, improper installation, damage caused by spillage of foods/liquids, wrong usage of electrical supply and voltage, wrong battery type, battery leakage,abnormal voltage, excessive heat, dust, corrosive surroundings, chemical reaction, failure to maintain the Product, failure to operate or use the Product according to instructions, accident, mishandling, misuse, tampering, vandalism, theft, fire, lightning, flood, wind, freezing, power failure, static, normal wear and tear, pests, vermin, foreign matter entering the Product, inadequate or excess power supply, unusual atmospheric conditions, or acts of war or acts of God.
- Damage, fault or failure resulting from software, virus(es), electrical wiring and connections, user facilitated minor adjustments and settings, external antenna or local
reception problems, structural problems of the owner’s premises, inaccessible Products or parts, negligence, misuse, tampering or abuse, whether wilful or not.
- Damage, fault or failure due to improper transportation, inappropriate storage conditions or materials, improper ventilation, reconfiguration of the Product, movement of the Product.
- Damage, fault or failure due to or arising out of, transit or delivery, packing, unpacking, assembly, installation, routine maintenance, dismantling, relocation or removal.
- Non failure problems that do not require parts and intermittent issues, including without limitations, reception and/or incompatibility issues, demonstration, training,
reminders, adjustments, set-up, installations, battery change, replenishing of consumables, short circuit, routine maintenance and servicing, periodic check-ups, cleaning, checking of improper operation or incorrect use. We will not pay for adjustments or repairs required because of conditions at Your location or specific to You.
- Any utilization of Product that is inconsistent with either the design of the Product or the way the manufacturer intended the Product to be used. Any installation and/or
modifications that prevents normal service. Any and all cases in which a reasonable manufacturer of such a product would not honour the warranty of the Product.
- Normal wear and tear and cosmetic damage such as, but not limited to corrosion, scratches, dents, rust, stains. Non-functional parts such as, but not limited to, plastics and finishes. Expendable or lost items, such as, but not limited to cables, keys, battery covers, and keys.
- Consumables. Consumables are defined as any part or component of an expendable nature and/or any item that is designed to be consumed (wear out) during the life of the Product, regardless if it is consumer replaceable or not and whether such consumables originate from NOVAS or not
- Consequential losses and/or damages as a result of malfunctioning of, damage to, failure of an operating part of the covered Product, or damages, fault or failure as a
result of any repairs or replacements under this warranty. Damages, fault or failure caused by delays in rendering of NOVAS’s services or loss of use during servicing or otherwise awaiting parts are not covered.
- Damages, fault, failure, imperfections, caused by abuse, tampering, illegal use, negligence, prolonged use or operation.
- Products that are leased, rented, used exceeding normal limits, used continuously and/or subject to abuse, unreasonable, abnormal or extreme operations.
- A standard charge of SGD$50 will be levied for transport and labour for any outcall for repair/replacement after the warranty period.
- The costs of service shall be covered by NOVAS, but this amount shall not under any circumstance exceed the original purchase price. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. The defective products or parts of the unit covered under this warranty that are repaired or replaced (with comparable and/or refurbished
equipment or parts)
b. Any fees incurred for servicing the defective product
- NOVAS reserves the right to charge the owner for any reasonable and applicable costs and expenses (at prevailing rates) relating to or arising out of the repair or replacement that are outside the cover of warranty.
- NOVAS will cover installation warranty for locks installed by our authorised installer.
- For locks that are self-installed, installed by other contractors, and/or installed by other unauthorised parties, NOVAS will not cover warranty and reserves the right to charge for service.